Sunday 14 July 2013

Cory Monteith Dead At Age 31




I'm still deep in shock and saddened by the news that 31 year old Cory Monteith known to most as Finn Hudson from Glee has passed away. He was found in his hotel room on Saturday just after Midday when he missed his check out time.





Doug LaPard the acting Police Chief of Vancouver has said that "There are no indications of foul play." and that before he was found he was already dead for several hours.

It's a well known fact that Cory suffered from substance abuse and that he checked himself into rehab earlier this year in April.

"Statement on behalf of: GLEE Executive Producers, 20th Century Fox Television and FOX Broadcasting Company. We are deeply saddened by this tragic news. Cory was an exceptional talent and an even more exceptional person. He was a true joy to work with and we will all miss him tremendously. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family and loved ones."

I'm still in shock to wake up to this news. I'm not gonna start speculating that he died of an overdose or some other drug related way until that facts are released. My thoughts and prayers go out to his friends and family and of course to his co-star Lea Michele (Rachel Berry) who Monteith was dating at the time of his passing.

As I am writing this I am listening to one of my favorite Glee songs "Keep Holding On" which Cory is focused heavily on.

R.I.P Cory

4 comments:

  1. I was never a 'Finchel' fan but Cory's passing is so sad. Like you I just woke up and I see this news everywhere. My Heart breaks for Lea Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Found your blog through twitter, just wish that I found it on better circumstances. Cory's death is really really sad. As an avid Glee fan I wonder how Ryan Murphy will deal with this. #RipCory

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel really sad right now. I have to comfort my two nieces. They loved Finn

    ReplyDelete
  4. My day is over and I am still in shock. He was so young.

    ReplyDelete