Monday 4 June 2012

One Tree Hill creator Mark Schwahn talks about two unanswered questions


So it's been two months since One Tree Hill came to an end and I think most of us are still not over it yet. Mark Schwahn (the creator that created the awersomeness of OTH) answered some questions at the ATX festival.

First up: What ever happened to Rachel Gatina?
The hot super bitch played by Danneel Ackles was last seen in season 7 when Dan gave up his money and wanted to divorce her, and through that last season she was not mentioned once so this left fans quite puzzled on what happened to her. Well here is what mark had to say.


"Rachel's obviously fine, She's always going to be fine. She's very crafty, and yet, she has a good heart and she's in great shape." In fact, had things ended differently for Dan Scott, we may have seen more of Rachel in Tree Hill. "I think if Dan had lived, Rachel would've come back and revealed that she never signed the divorce papers," He would have said, 'You have to understand, I'm poor now!' and she would have said, 'Do you think I wasn't embezzling from you all these years? I have a bunch of your money saved up. We'll be fine.' That's how I think of Rachel. She's wily, she's wonderful, she's fine."

Another unanswered question, what happened to Lucas and Peyton?
Leyton was last seen at the end of season 6 driving off into the sunset with baby Sawyer in the back. To quote Brooke Davis. "Peyton always said people always leave, who knew she was talking about her skinny ass." Here's what Mark had to say about Leyton's whereabouts.


"I don't know if it frustrates people to hear answers like this, but there's no answer that everyone's going to be satisfied with, and I kind of like that idea that, like in real life when someone goes away, they traveled, they left, and you can fill in the blanks, If you loved those characters, you're going to fill in the blanks better than I could."

And if you didn't love those characters?  "If you hated those characters, you can fill in the blanks in a very satisfying way to fuel your hate! It's a big part of TV, where, it's like -- leave it open ended, because whatever your life experience and your part of view is, that will fill it in just fine. Yes, it was purposeful, but there was a method to the madness."

So after all of that he still never said where Lucas and Peyton ended up which suits me just fine because I was a Brucas fan anyway, sorry Leyton fans.

Mark Schwahn answers unanswered questions

3 comments:

  1. I don't really care about Leyton either since I am a Brucas fan as well. But I was glad that he never forgot about Rachel, she was my favourite character

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ididn't really like Rachel when she went after Nathan but I did love her friendship with Brooke, I wish that they were still friends after the time jump.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just happy that Lucas ended up with Peyton, I dont really care where they ended up lol

    ReplyDelete